Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP) testing for students in grades 3-11 will take place April 19-29, 2022.
Tips to help set your student up for success on ISASP testing days. We appreciate your help in preparing and encouraging your student to do his/her best.
- Put The Test in Perspective:
- Tell your student the test is just one of many ways the school evaluates student progress.
- Reassure Your Student:
- Pre-test jitters are normal.
- Tell Your Child What To Expect:
- Explain even though some questions will be difficult and they won’t know all the answers, it’s important not to leave an answer blank.
- It’s better to select your most informed/best answer rather than leave a question blank.
- Give Them A Head Start:
- Help them get a good night's sleep.
- Set time limits on how long your student can be on their electronic device, watching TV, reading, or other nighttime distractions when they are in bed.
- Get a good healthy breakfast. All FDCSD schools serve free breakfast starting at 7:30 for all students.
- Dress in layers since room temperature can vary.
- A Positive Attitude Is Contagious
- Let your student know you believe they will do their best.
- Keep the morning before the test as stress-free as possible.
- Help them get to school on time.
Visit the Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress website to learn more about this testing.