Community Distribution of Information
The FDCSD cooperates with community partners by posting eflyers online and distributing them electronically through our service provider, Peachjar. The information is being distributed through the school district as a community service of the district to inform the public of community activities or services available.
To request flyer approval:
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents and posted online.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the District office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny the flyer based on the standards below. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. However, if you are promoting an event or opportunity that is free of charge, then there will be no charge to post your flyer. Please contact Customer Service at 858-997-2117 x3 for assistance in setting up your account.
Flyers will be approved once a week and posted for a maximum of 30 days.
Flyers posted through this service are not a Fort Dodge Community School District publication or event. They are not, in any way, endorsed or sponsored by the District. Publications are being provided only to inform of available community activities and opportunities.
DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION
All flyers to be distributed must:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format and smaller than 6 MB.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
- Include the following disclaimer: Disclaimer: This is not a Fort Dodge Community School District publication or event. The activities, products or services advertised in this flyer are not sponsored or endorsed by the FDCSD or its schools.
- Be approved by the District Communications Office prior to posting.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure.
- Proselytize religious beliefs
- Position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
* The District has full discretion when determining Peachjar content