- Keyboarding (Typing Master)
Standards and Benchmarks
MIT 1: Knows basic operations, terminology and proper care procedures for a variety of information technologies.
- MIT 1.4 Demonstrates competence in accessing information from a variety of sources, specifically, WWW site.
- MIT 1.5 Demonstrates competence in the use of at least one word processing application.
- MIT 1.6 Demonstrates competence in the use of at least one graphics program (e.g. paint, draw, manipulate, etc.
- MIT 1.7 Knows basic technical vocabulary
- MIT 1.8 Understands that information can be presented through devices
- MIT 1.9 Demonstrates competence in storing/transmitting file on computer and/or network
MIT 2: Applies legal principals and ethical conduct related to information technology.
- MIT 2.2 Knows and applies basic etiquette guidelines and District policies and procedures when using networked resources (e.g. LAN, WAN, Internet, e-mail, etc.), including equitable access.
MIT 3: Understands and applies methods, techniques, and purposes of media production to communicate ideas, convey meanings, and influence decisions.
- MIT 3.2 Creates developmentally appropriate multi-media products with support from teachers, family members and/or student partners
- MIT 3.3 Understands that technologies can be used to alter images and information
MIT 5: Understands and integrates appropriate technologies and media for decision-making, problem-solving, and personal information needs and interests.
- MIT 5.1 Recognizes differences between fact, fiction, and propaganda in various media