- Update and prepare course catalog listing Senior High course descriptions, prerequisites, graduation requirements, and general information pertinent to student scheduling.
- Provide students the opportunity and information to apply and receive scholarships
- Develop a master schedule of classes and teacher assignments which is conducive to student achievement and opportunity
- Schedule students in courses to promote progress toward academic development; graduation requirements; career exploration; career pathway pursuit; personal, social, and emotional growth; and college admission requirements
- Provide students the additional opportunity to earn credits toward graduation requirements, or to take certain courses that are either not offered or feasible for them at FDSH.
- Provide advisement / input to student, family, and IEP Team with regard to educational progress, goals and options; social-emotional issues, and career planning
- Prepare students for, and assist with, the transition from high school to post-secondary education
- Recognize the Senior Class for academic and personal accomplishments (scholarships and awards)
- Provide students and parents a location to obtain information pertaining to college options