Topics addressed are basic operations, patterns of whole numbers, fractions, decimals, ratio, percent, interest, measurement, data collection, table construction, and use of a calculator. An introduction to basic Algebra and Geometry is included. Emphasis is based on the development of thinking and problem solving skills.
Larson R., Boswell, L., Kanold, T., & Stiff, L., (1996). Passport to algebra and geometry. Evanston, IL.: McDougal Littell.
Lappan, G., Fey, J., Fitzgerald, W., Friel, S. & Phillips, E. (2002) Connected mathematics. Glenview, IL.: Prentice Hall
- Patterns and Order of Operations
- Exploring Data and Graphs
- Modeling Problems with Algebra
- Defining Subtraction, Division, and Absolute Value
- Exploring Number Theory
- Rational Numbers and Percents
- Applications with Percent, Proportion, and Probability
- Multi-Step Equations
- Inequalities and the Real Number System
- Measurements in Geometry