Honors Algebra II
Honors Algebra II is for students wishing to continue in their studies of mathematics and to prepare them for Pre-Calculus. Algebra II extends the work learned in Algebra I and Geometry courses. Topics addressed are number systems, matrices, solving polynomials, factoring, conic sections, problem solving, logarithms, and trigonometry. A graphing calculator will be used.
Larson, R. etal. (2004) McDougal Littell Algebra 2. Evanston, Illinois: McDougal Littell, a division of Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Equations and Inequalities
- Linear Relations and Functions
- Systems of Equations and Inequalities
- Matrices and Determinants
- Irrational and Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Relations and Functions
- Conic Sections
- Rational Polynomial Expressions
- Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Analytic Trigonometry
- Additional Topics in Trigonometry