Chemistry I covers basic inorganic chemistry with an emphasis on reactions and elementary theory. This course is necessary for students who expect to major in a science-related field in college and recommended for anyone with a strong interest in science.
Textbook Used: Davis, Metcalfe, Williams, Castka (2002). Modern Chemistry. Austin, TX: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston
- Measurement - Chemists collect and analyze data.
- Counting Atoms - Moles are our friends.
- Chemical Equations - Conservation of Mass is not only a good idea--It's the law!
- The Periodic Table and Bonding - The Periodic Table is the Chemist' s crib sheet.
- Kinetic Theory - Movin', movin', movin'!! Keep those molecules movin'
- Solutions - A lot of chemistry happens in solution.