American Government will consider the implications and responsibilities of effective citizenship. The Constitution, the Federal System, Political Parties, and Elections, and State and Local Government. In addition to formal knowledge, students will be expected to internalize democratic processes and values and be better able to justify citizen participation in government decision-making.
Text: Magruder’s American Government (Prentice Hall, 2004)
- Unit 1: Constitutional Principles (Chapters 1-4)
- Unit 2: Congress (Chapters 10-12)
- Unit 3: The Presidency (Chapters (13-14)
- Unit 4: The Court System (Chapters 18-19)
- Unit 5: State & Local Government (Chapters 24 & 25)