Academy Chorale 3
Academy Choral 3 is a curricular continuation of Academy Choral 2, and it is available to all students who both successfully complete Academy Chorale 1 and 2 AND receive instructor approval. Students who receive an incomplete or failing grade in Academy Chorale 1 or 2 will not be allowed to enroll.
Students are expected to attend class every day. Since academy Chorale is performance-minded, attendance is tantamount to a student's successful completion of the course. A student who is absent eight or more times may receive a failing grade.
- Mixed chorus (beginning developmental)
- Scales, Major/minor keys
- Sight reading, chorales, SATB
- Identifying key signatures
- Complex rhythms
- Introductory musicology
- Simple listening skills to train ear/melodic dictation
- Routine building
- Emotional response/ connection
- Accompanied to A’Cappella music
- Men read in bass clef
- Women read in treble clef
- All knowledge of notes and keys in both clefs.