Back to School Traffic Reminders
August 15, 2013, Fort Dodge, IA- With the start of school, drivers are encouraged to slow down and be cautious of other drivers and students walking and biking. Motorists are also reminded of numerous traffic flow changes made recently.
Near Fort Dodge Senior High:
· 6th Avenue North has been converted to one-way traffic from North 22nd Street east to Martin Luther King Drive.
· A three way stop is now in place at 6th Avenue North and Martin Luther King Drive.
· A turning lane has been added to 10th Avenue North between North 22nd Street and North 29th Street.
· A three way stop is now in place at Martin Luther King Drive and 10th Avenue North.
Near Fort Dodge Middle School:
· There is no public access to the school grounds from 10th Avenue North. The north entrance is for buses and staff only.
· All public parking and student drop off is on the south side of the facility.
· Only southbound traffic may enter school grounds from North 32nd Street. Northbound traffic should enter from Dodger Drive or go around the round-about and enter from the north.
· Traffic entering from Dodger Drive should turn right into the parking area, follow it to the east and then curve north to join the one-way westbound traffic.
· Traffic from Dodger Drive is two-way. All cars leaving the parking area will exit via Dodger Drive.
For the safety of students walking to these schools, crosswalks have been added:
· Along 10th Avenue North at North 24th Street, North 24th Place, North 29th Street, Knollcrest Drive and North 31st Street.
· Along North 32nd Street at the west and south legs of the round-about and at Dodger Drive/5th Avenue North.
The mission of the Fort Dodge Community School District is to encourage and assist each individual to achieve his/her level of educational excellence. For more information about the Fort Dodge Community Schools visit www.fdschools.org or call 515.576.1161. Our Schools. Our Community. Our Pride.