Eleven FDSH Students Selected for 2022 All-State Music Festival
Eleven Fort Dodge Senior High students were selected to this year’s All-State Music Festival. The Dodger musicians selected are:
- Aaron Amhof – tenor - senior – 3rd year participant
- Abigail Casciato – alto – sophomore - 1st year participant
- Grace Casciato – alto - senior – 3rd year participant
- Owen Hamlow – bass - freshman – 1st year participant
- Ryan Madden – bass - senior – 2nd year participant
- Alexa McHone – alto – sophomore – 1st year participant
- Reese Pederson – soprano - senior – 2nd year participant
- Brayden Schmieder – bass - senior – 1st year participant
- Gabriella Schumacher – alto - senior – 1st year participant
- Michael Wagner – tenor – junior - 1st year participant
- Abby Meyer –alto saxophone (2nd alternate) – senior
Selection for this festival is the highest individual honor available to high school musicians. Approximately 17% of the students who audition are selected for membership in the All-State ensembles.
“We are proud of the students who will be representing Fort Dodge Senior High as part of the 2022 All-State Music Festival,” said Matt Drees, FDSH vocal music instructor. “The students put a lot of time into preparing for these auditions and their work was recognized. Being a part of this festival is an opportunity for the students to be a part of an elite choir, and improve their skills while making memories that will last forever.”
The students will rehearse in Ames on November 18 and 190, and the Festival Concert will be presented to the public at 7:30 p.m. in Hilton Coliseum on the Iowa State University campus on Saturday, November 19. Tickets are $25 each plus fees, and all seats are reserved. Tickets may be obtained by contacting Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. Iowa Public Television will record the concert for re-broadcast.