FDCSD Now Accepting Preschool Registrations for 2015
November 25, 2013, Fort Dodge, IA- Preschool registration for the 2015-16 school year begins Monday, December 1. Research shows that children can gain a variety of skills by attending preschool.
Preschool helps prepare children for kindergarten. Students learn to follow directions and work cooperatively with each other. They are exposed to letters, numbers, shapes, colors and more. Preschool students learn how to socialize, share and get along with other children. In addition, they gain a sense of self, self-control and build their confidence in themselves and what they can do.
To be eligible to attend preschool in the fall of 2015, children must be four years old by September 15, 2015.
To register your child for preschool at the Fort Dodge Community School District, please visit the Central Administration Building, 104 South 17th Street, or call 574.5679.
The following preschools in Fort Dodge are taking registrations and can be contacted for further information:
- Fort Dodge Community School District – Lis Ristau at 574.5675 or 104 South 17th Street
- Dodger Preschool – Ann Moenck at 955.6060 or 1611 Williams Drive
- Little Lambs Preschool – Joan Arndt at 573.3174 or 1436 21st Avenue North
- Prince of Peace Preschool – Jessica Ferry at 573.8618 or 1023 South 27th Street
- Childcare Discovery Center – Tammy McNeil at 576.6771 or 2329 1st Avenue South
- Head Start – Dawn at 573.2453 x205 or 214 South 13th Street
- Community Christian – Heather Fiddelke at 515.573.3011 or 2406 9 ½ Avenue South
- St. Edmond Catholic Elementary – Linda Mitchell at 576.5182 or 2321 6th Avenue North
The mission of the Fort Dodge Community School District is to provide quality learning experiences and build relationships that develop productive citizens ready for their futures. For more information about the Fort Dodge Community Schools visit www.fdschools.org or call 515.576.1161. Our Schools. Our Community. Our Pride.