Register Now for Kindergarten Roundup at the FDCSD
February 24, 2020, Fort Dodge, IA- Registration is taking place now for Kindergarten Roundup at the Fort Dodge Community School District. Families can choose the session that works best for them: 12:30 p.m., 4:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. The schedule is as follows:
- March 23 at Butler Elementary
- March 24 at Cooper Elementary
- March 25 at Duncombe Elementary
- March 26 at Feelhaver Elementary
The child’s home address determines which Roundup location he/she must attend. If parents/guardians are unsure where a child should attend Roundup, please call 574.5679.
Children must be five years of age by September 15, 2020, to be eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall. Parents/guardians who have a child ready to enter kindergarten may register their child for Roundup using the online form located at www.fdschools.org or may call 515.574.5679 to register their child into a Roundup session. The following information is required:
- If your child currently attends preschool or TK at Riverside ELC no paperwork is needed at this time. Please use the online form to indicate your intention to enroll in kindergarten at the FDCSD
- If your child currently attends preschool at Childcare Discovery, Community Christian, Dodger Preschool, Little Lambs or Saint Edmond proof of guardianship, proof of address and immunization records are needed. Please use the online form to indicate your intention to enroll in kindergarten at the FDCSD
- If your child currently does not attend preschool proof of guardianship, proof of address and immunization records are needed. Please use the online form to indicate your intention to enroll in kindergarten at the FDCSD. You will then receive a link to complete the pre-registration process online.
Parents and children will spend about an hour in a classroom where they will engage in various literacy, fine motor and math activities. Parents will attend a brief meeting with the building principal, nurse and kindergarten teachers. Children will remain in the classroom during the meetings to participate in art and story time as well as have a snack.
For families interested in Transitional Kindergarten (TK), pre-registration is taking place now. To be eligible to attend TK in the fall of 2020, children must be five years old by September 15, 2020. Space is limited and a waiting list will be started once the TK sections are full. TK hours will be 8 a.m. to 3:10 p.m., with the doors opening at 7:30 a.m. TK Roundup is March 27. Families may choose to attend a 9:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. session. Register using the form online form at www.fdschools.org.
Families will need to complete the full registration process online during the summer of 2020.
Please call 574.5679 for additional information or with questions.