The Fort Dodge Community School District provides outstanding opportunities and a wide array of programming for over 3600 students. Our committed Board, our supportive parents and our talented, caring faculty and staff work together to provide excellent service to our students and families, encouraging high levels of engagement toward positive outcomes both academically and in co-curricular activities. Our Mission, Vision, Core Beliefs and Goals outline the key elements of our collective work and serve as a guidepost for the work of the district. We work together to strive to reach our goals and model our core beliefs.
The mission of the Fort Dodge Community School District is to provide quality learning experiences and build relationships that develop productive citizens ready for their futures.
The Fort Dodge Community School District is an innovative school community that exceeds expectations, builds meaningful relationships and creates the foundation for all learners to excel.
- Respect: Acknowledging the worth of someone or something; while showing appreciation and tolerance for the differences in viewpoints, personalities and perspectives of others
- Integrity: Quality of being honest, having and acting on strong moral principles to help establish the complete person, our action matches our words and values
- Empathy: Actively recognize, validate and connect ourselves to the feelings and experiences of others
- Leadership: Leadership is a choice to guide, motivate and inspire others in a positive manner
- All students will perform at or above grade level
- Achievement gaps among all student groups will be eliminated
- All students will graduate ready for college, career and life in a globally competitive economy
- All schools will meet or exceed state accountability standards, and the district will meet federal standards and exceed state standards
- Every child feels he/she has a safe, meaningful relationship with an adult in the school system who they can go to for guidance and support
We look forward to working with you to create a positive learning environment where all students are supported to reach their full potential.