Hello Dodger Parents!
As parents of a Fort Dodge Community School District student, we want to thank you for providing us the privilege of working with your child. Our 500+ employees are dedicated to ensuring your student receives a top notch education by providing quality learning experiences and building relationships that develop productive citizens ready for their futures. We hope our website is a helpful resource for everything related to your child's experience in our schools.
To request an Infinite Campus account please complete the Infinite Campus Agreement Form and return it along with proof of guardianship (birth certificate, court document, tax form, immunization records, etc) to Diane Jass at the Central Administration Building. If you have questions, Diane can be reached at 574.5363. Parents may also check/add to lunch account balances using Infinite Campus. If you are not receiving email notifications regarding low lunch account balances and would like to, please contact Ursuala Roberts at 574.5677.is our tool for parents and students to access instant, online, timely and secure student information: class schedules, assignments, attendance, discipline, course registration for next year, report cards, transcripts and lunch accounts. Campus Portal is a means to further promote educational excellence by enhancing communication with parents, students and teachers. Infinite Campus Parent/Guardian accounts will be required to complete the online registration process for the 2018-19 school year.
School Safety Emergency Response Protocols
The FDCSD, in collaboration with local law enforcement and first responders, has adopted four standard response protocols for use in emergencies. During an emergency, one or more of the following responses may be implemented.
- EVACUATE: evacuate is used when there is a need to move students from point A to point B in an orderly fashion. A fire drill is an example.
- SHELTER: shelter is used when there is a need for personal or group protection. A tornado drill in an example.
- SECURE the PERIMETER: secure the perimeter is used, often at the request of the police department, as a preventive measure when there is a threat outside/near the school. This response was formerly known as a lockout.
- LOCKDOWN: lockdown is used when there is a threat inside the school.
What can parents/guardians do to help our schools be prepared for an emergency?
- Ensure your contact information is current in Infinite Campus.
- Keep all medical information for your child up to date with the school.
- Talk to your child about the need to follow directions in an emergency and to pay close attention during drills.
- During an emergency, please do not come to or call the school. Listen for information, updates and instructions to come from the district.
The FDCSD is now using SafeSchools Alert, a tip reporting service that allows students, staff, and parents to submit safety concerns to our administration four different ways:
- Phone: 515.373.4351
- Text: Text to 515.373.4351
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: Use the link under Events at fdschools.org or visit http://1876.alert1.us
When you submit a tip, be sure to use the FDCSD identification code 1876 in your communication.
Every tip SafeSchools Alert receives about our district is immediately logged in the system and our administration is notified so we can investigate and take appropriate action.
Together, using SafeSchools Alert, we can make our district a safer place to learn and work!