Fort Dodge Community School District

2024 - 2025 FDCSD One Page Calendar

Job Opportunities

Important Information for Juniors  

Transcripts - Post secondary institutions would like students to wait until after their 6th semester in high school (junior year) to send transcripts. You may obtain a transcript by requesting it in the counseling office.  

College Representatives - A large number of colleges send Admission Representatives to visit.  If you have an interest in a college, please take advantage of these visits by planning to visit with the representatives.  You can get a pass in the counseling office.

College Visits - Throughout the school year we visit many different colleges, these are promoted through Google Classroom.  See the counseling department for your Google Classroom code.  We encourage individual college visits as well, please see your counselor if you plan to take a school day to visit a perspective college.

College Entrance Tests - If you are planning to go to a 4 year college, you need to take a college entrance test.  You can either take the ACT or SAT. The ACT is the most common entrance exam in the midwest.  You can get registration material in the counseling office. 

Career Exploration - Through our partnerships many career exploration days are held throughout the year.  These are promoted through Google Classroom.  See the counseling department for your Google Classroom code.  See your counselor for our many other career discovery opportunities such as internships, job shadowing, and career speakers.  


Students interested in taking AP or college level courses must fill out the appropriate paperwork by May 1st prior to their senior year.


Virtual College Tours


© 2024 Fort Dodge Community School District. All rights reserved.