Job Interview Tips
- Learn about the organization.
- Review your qualifications for the job.
- Review your resume.
Name and Social Security Number
Provide your complete name and social security number. Also
include name changes that may appear on credentials & transcripts.
Provide a permanent address and telephone number at which you can
always be reached.
Provide the address and telephone number(s), including cell phone, at which you can currently
Provide the degree(s) earned, area(s) of study, and institutions from
which degrees were granted. Provide relevant endorsements and
certifications and the state from which they were granted.
Provide all work experience relevant to the position with the most recent
first. Provide your job title, beginning & ending dates, job responsibilities,
and any unique job experiences. If you are a first year teacher, provide student
teaching assignments and locations.
Honors and Memberships
Provide the professional organizations to which you belong. Include
offices held and responsibilities assigned. Provide all relevant honors
Provide a minimum of three professional references with title,
address, and telephone numbers. Experienced teachers are required
to include their most recent principals and/or supervisors. Beginning
teachers are required to include student teaching supervisors and
Other Important things to remember
- Arrive early and alone for the interview.
- Dress appropriately.
- Do not chew gum or smoke.
- Firmly shake the hand of the interviewer.
- Maintain good eye contact.
- Remain polite, attentive, cooperative, and enthusiastic.
- Answer questions completely and concisely.
- Remain positive throughout the interview.
- If a test is required, listen carefully to the instructions.
- Have your resume available.
- Have a list of references available.
- Know your social security number.
- Thank the interviewer and follow up with a thank-you note.