Online registration is coming for the 2018-19 school year! Registration will take place from July 2-27. Computers will be available at the Central Office, 104 South 17th Street, for anyone needing online access or assistance. Address verification will be required for all students this year. Online Registration Instructions are available. An Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account is required to complete the online registration process. If you do not have an account, please complete the parent portal agreement form and return it to the Central Office, 104 South 17th Street, with proof of guardianship.
If you are a new student coming from another school district, regardless of whether it is inside or outside the state of Iowa, you will need to register in person at the address below. You must bring the following items with you when you come to register a new student:
- Proof of Guardianship (birth certificate, DHS documentation, court documentation, tax records)
- Student's Immunization Records
- Address Verification Document (see below for approved list of options)
Address Verification Now Required
All change in address requests require proof of residency. Accepted address verification documents include:
- Utility Bill or Confirmation of Services (within the last 60 days)
- Lease or Notarized Statement from Landlord
- Purchase Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
- Webster County Assessors – print copy of web page verifying property ownership
- Property Tax Statement
- Vehicle Registration
- DHS Paperwork
- Shelter Stay Verfication
If you are residing in another person’s home, please provide a notarized statement from that person stating you and your child(ren) are living there, including their name and address, as well as one of the above approved address verification documents in their name.
All families will be required to provide address verification during the online registration process in July.
Every student should attend the school that serves the attendance area in which the student lives. Home schools are determined by the child's home address.
Open Enrollment Information
2018-2019 Open Enrollment Application (for students who live outside the FDCSD but who wish to attend here, not for in-district transfers)
The deadline for open enrollment applications for the 2018-19 school year was March 1, 2018, for grades 1-12 and is September 1, 2018, for kindergarten.
Need help filling out the Open Enrollment Application? Contact Barb Bachman at 515.574.5651 or email@example.com.
Fee Waiver Form and Free/Reduced Applications
Free & Reduced meal applications for the 2018-2019 school year can be accessed several ways:
- A hard copy of the Free and Reduced Meal application can be picked up at the Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge. Please contact the Food Service Department at 515-574-5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a paper copy mailed to your address.
- Applications can be found at fdschools.org under Student Registration - the application will need to be printed, signed and returned to the Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, 50501, for approval
- Use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal - click on Application/forms, follow the steps to process your Free & Reduced Application online and sign electronically.
Forms can be returned in person or mailed to the address below. For questions regarding the Fee Waiver form or the Free/Reduced Applications, contact:
Arey Education Center
104 S. 17th St.
2018-19 School Supply Lists
Fort Dodge Elementary Schools (Preschool - 4th)
Fort Dodge Middle School (Grades 5-8)
Bus Information - for information on bus routes please call the transportation department at 576.6151. Thanks!