All students returning to the FDCSD for the 2019-20 year must register online between July 1-26. Parents/guardians should log on to their Infinite Campus Parent account to complete the registration process. If you can not remember you username or password, please use the "Forgot your username?" or "Forgot your password?" links found on the login page of the portal. This video shows you how to do this. If you still have issues with logging in after trying this you may call 574.5454. Computers will be available at the Central Office, 104 South 17th Street, for anyone needing online access or assistance. The Central Administration Office is open 8-4:30 Monday-Friday. If you have moved in the past year you will need to provide an address verification document (see below). Online Registration Instructions are available.
If you are a new student coming from another school district, regardless of whether it is inside or outside the state of Iowa, you will need to register in person at the address below. You must bring the following items with you when you come to register a new student:
- Proof of Guardianship (birth certificate, DHS documentation, court documentation, tax records)
- Student's Immunization Records
- Address Verification Document (see below for approved list of options)
Address Verification Now Required
All change in address requests require proof of residency. Accepted address verification documents include:
- Utility Bill or Confirmation of Services (within the last 60 days)
- Lease or Notarized Statement from Landlord
- Purchase Agreement
- Mortgage Statement
- Webster County Assessors – print copy of web page verifying property ownership
- Property Tax Statement
- Vehicle Registration
- DHS Paperwork
- Shelter Stay Verfication
If you are residing in another person’s home, please provide a notarized statement from that person stating you and your child(ren) are living there, including their name and address, as well as one of the above approved address verification documents in their name.
All families will be required to provide address verification during the online registration process in July.
Every student should attend the school that serves the attendance area in which the student lives. Home schools are determined by the child's home address.
Open Enrollment Information
2019-2020 Open Enrollment Application (for students who live outside the FDCSD but who wish to attend here, not for in-district transfers)
The deadline for open enrollment applications for the 2019-2020 school year is March 1, 2019, for grades 1-12 and is September 1, 2019, for kindergarten.
Need help filling out the Open Enrollment Application? Contact Barb Bachman at 515.574.5651 or email@example.com.
Fee Waiver Form and Free/Reduced Applications
Free & Reduced meal applications for the 2019-2020 school year can be accessed several ways:
- A hard copy of the Free and Reduced Meal application can be picked up at the Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge. Please contact the Food Service Department at 515-574-5677 or firstname.lastname@example.org to have a paper copy mailed to your address.
- Applications can be found at fdschools.org under Student Registration - the application will need to be printed, signed and returned to the Central Administration Office, 104 South 17th Street, Fort Dodge, 50501, for approval
- Use the Infinite Campus Parent Portal - click on Application/forms, follow the steps to process your Free & Reduced Application online and sign electronically.
Forms can be returned in person or mailed to the address below. For questions regarding the Fee Waiver form or the Free/Reduced Applications, contact:
Arey Education Center
104 S. 17th St.
2019-20 School Supply Lists
Fort Dodge Elementary Schools (Preschool - 4th)
Fort Dodge Middle School (Grades 5-8)
Bus Information - for information on bus routes please call the transportation department at 576.6151. Thanks!
Release of Student Information
The following information my be released to the public in regard to any individual student of the district as necessity or desirability arises: name, address, phone number, date/place of birth, parent/guardian name, participation in officially recognized activities, weight and height of athletic team member, dates enrolled, awards received, and photographs. Any student, parent or guardian not wanting this information released to the public must make objection in writing to the principal or other person in charge of the school which the student is attending annually at the beginning of each school year. Group photos of students participating in public performances such as concerts or athletics may be used by the district and/or media at any time, regardless of restrictions of any of the above.